- Reading - Awarded '2012 European Micro City of the Future' Reading Borough Council
- Home to companies such as Oracle, Microsoft, Harris Systems and BG Group Wokingham Borough Council
- Where the prosperity of the South-East blends with the lifestyle of the South-West West Berkshire Council
- Slough - The third most productive town in the UK with a £2.5billion economy Slough Borough Council
- 7,760 VAT registered businesses, including national and multinational HQs Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead
- 'Bracknell Forest: the UK leader in attracting foreign firms' Experian study for the BBC Bracknell Forest Council
- Add your voice to the collaborative might of business in Thames Valley Berkshire And make it a great place to live, flourish and do business
Hi and welcome to our website. Here you’ll find information about the latest projects being undertaken, our structure and a who’s who of companies already contributing. More importantly, you’ll learn how you can get involved and help us make Thames Valley Berkshire the best place to live, flourish and do great business.
So what is the LEP here to do?
Thames Valley Berkshire has a thriving economy and has done pretty well, however we now face intensified global competition from Europe and the fast emerging Asian economies. We need to act now to stay ahead, and to do this, we need to work in a more integrated way. TVB LEP pulls together key players representing education, employment and skills, SME and corporate enterprises, Local Authorities and the community sector – all working together to bring about a plan that will deliver economic prosperity for the next 20–30 years.
TVB LEP will work hard locally, nationally and internationally to keep the businesses we have and attract more here. To ensure we have a ‘work-ready’ skilled labour force. That we have world-class support initiatives for local businesses ie innovation business services, business start-up mentoring, high growth business support, a world class inward investment package, and much more. We will maximise the partnership between business and Local Authorities and help deliver the infrastructure (business, transport, housing, digital and social) needed to support both our economy and the standard of living we expect in the area. Our LEP also needs a generously spirited community sector to look after its own and support those in need and enrich life here in Thames Valley Berkshire.
We need you – the business community – to help do all this. If you live or work in the TVB LEP area we need your brains, passion, inspiration, support and opinions to ensure we are doing the right things. The power behind our LEP is the ‘collaborative momentum’ of those who get involved to make a difference and drive our economy to new levels.
WE CAN DO THIS. So find out how you can get involved by looking at our strategic priorities on this page. Thanks for visiting and please get in touch. Make a difference.